While this dish makes a good main dish, you can also enjoy it as a group by gathering a few friends, grabbing some buttermilk spreaders, dipping them in bourbon sauce, and cutting them into little sandwiches. Enjoy this dinner on a cool fall evening or as a shareable morning brunch dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 container (16 ounces) cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of bourbon
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Original 1 can (16.3 oz) refrigerated cookies.
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken. Fry for 5 minutes on one side. Flip and add the mushrooms, bourbon, and maple syrup. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add the cream, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Bake cookies according to package directions.
4. Serve hot.