- 6 ounces dry fettuccine or gluten-free pasta
- 10½ ounces broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch or gluten-free cornstarch
- 10 ounces Nestle Carnation condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons grated low-fat cheese
- 3½ tablespoons Parmesan flakes
- freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- 2 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 mini cucumbers, peeled into strips
- 9 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
1. In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the pasta as directed or until al dente, adding the broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain the pasta and broccoli, reserving some of the cooking liquid. Place the broccoli in a small bowl and return the pasta to the pan.
2. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the pine nuts in a single layer in the center of the dough. Spray the sage leaves with cooking spray. Add to skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until sage leaves are crisp and pine nuts are golden brown. Put aside.
3. Place the cornstarch in a small bowl. Add enough condensed milk to form a smooth paste. Whisk in the remaining condensed milk and eggs. Put aside.
4. Add the egg mixture to the noodles in the skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, for 5-6 minutes or until the sauce thickens and coats the noodles, adding some of the reserved cooking liquid if needed. Add the broccoli and grated cheese and mix gently.
5. Prepare the salad: Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
6. Arrange the noodles on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with parmesan, toasted pine nuts and sage leaves and season with pepper. Serve with the salad.